Digital radio has become one of the latest buzzwords in our industry. However, many people don’t understand the differences or benefits of digital radio.
Digital radio is a new, exciting and involving way for listeners to tune into their favourite radio stations. Offering an exceptionally high sound and signal quality, digital radio offers a range of exciting features to enhance your listening experience.
Here are a few benefits of tuning in to Digital Radio:
- Clearer sound and improved reception
- More choice of stations, with up to 18 digital only stations available including chill, comedy, dance, country and many more
- Tuning by station name, not frequency, making it easy to find favourite stations
- Scrolling text on screen with artist and song information, weather and news updates and much more
- Additional features on some digital radio models include the ability to pause and rewind live radio and broadcast slideshow images
The technology allows in the future for downloadable music direct to the radio’s memory and Electronic Program Guides.
With digital radio all you need is a digital receiver or a device with a DAB+ chip in it and that’s it – no subscription fees, no messing about with signing up or logging on, just tune in.
The Australian commercial radio industry launched digital broadcasting in five capital cities – Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide and Perth throughout May 2009, creating a new wave of consumer interest and excitement about this well-loved medium. In 2010 digital radio trial services switched on in Canberra and Darwin.
Australia is ahead of countries like Germany, Italy and China in adopting DAB+, a superior new technology that will enable radio stations to multichannel as well as broadcast a variety of multimedia, data and interactive programming – all free to air.
You will need a new radio to tune in and Videopro is proud to stock a wide range of digital radios! If you’re interested, please feel free to call on 1300 VIDEOPRO or visit www.videopro.com.au.