Sony is very pleased to announce release of the much anticipated firmware version 3.0 for the F5 and F55 cameras (formerly designated version 1.4).
With close to 30 new features, this is another big release for the leading digital motion picture cameras in the market.
This update is for F5, F55 and AXS-R5.
Some highlights of this release include:
• USER LUTs, and look profiles
• Center Scan mode for Super 16mm lenses
• New log curve and colour gamut (S-Log3/S-Gamut3)
• XAVC QFHD recording (3840 x 2160)
• MPEGHD 1280x720p recording
• Slow & Quick motion on XAVC 4K, XAVC QFHD and Center Scan mode
• User-definable clip naming
• AES/EBU audio input
………..and much more!
Additional notes, the new firmware, an updated Operation Manual and further details are all available on the Sony Community at http://community.sony.com/t5/F5-F55/NEW-Firmware-Version-3-0/m-p/255067
Local download of the updates, procedures and release notes also will be available shortly from the Sony ANZ Professional & Broadcast FTP site at http://www.saus.com.au/downloads
Please note one key feature – Interval Recording – has been delayed until Ver4.0, which is scheduled for release at the end of March, 2014.